Do you know what you want to achieve but are not sure how to do it?
As a tennis parent, you can feel very isolated. While you meet your child’s coach and other tennis parents, you still feel like you are largely working hard on your own to make the decisions about your child’s tennis. As your mentor, I can remove that feeling of isolation. Whatever the cause, I can help you to develop and maintain a focus on reaching your child’s tennis goals.
I am here to help you.
Is mentoring right for you?
Mentoring is appropriate for any tennis parent who is committed to supporting their child’s tennis journey; whether they are talented beginners, working towards a university tennis scholarship or semi-professional. It is important that you are willing and able to apply the information and guidance from your mentoring sessions.
My experience working directly with tennis parents has shown that the top 4 areas where parents can most benefit from a mentor’s help are:
- Help to monitor & develop confidence in your child
- Help them maximise tournament/match experience
- Help with planning & goal setting
- Help with player development in cooperation with your existing coach (or when you have no coach)
How does The Service Box Mentoring Programme work?
As your mentor, I am 100% committed to understanding you and your child’s tennis. That takes time. So, initially, to begin your Mentoring Programme with the Service Box you will join the programme for one quarter (3 months). The introductory rate is £200 (a discount of 50% on my hourly rate) per quarter.
Your Mentoring Programme membership includes:
- A free 1/2 hour session on Skype or Facetime to establish your child’s goals and needs.
- 2 hours of one-on-one meeting time with me per month – this is your time and you can customise this time to suit you. Examples of how this time can be used are included below.
- Inclusion on the Service Box Mentoring Programme’s secret Facebook Group – exclusive to my mentored tennis parents, this closed group puts you in touch with a community of other tennis parents who are also seriously engaged in driving their child’s tennis development forward. You can ask questions and get feedback from these parents … and also me. I am going to be active in this group.
- Discounted tickets to any of my speaking events, workshops and courses.
Your one-on-one mentoring sessions can include:
• Skype/Facetime meetings
• Video analysis – on all 4 performance factors, mental, tactical, technical and physical
• Match analysis with report
• Goal Setting
This is an important step in supporting your child’s tennis. Please contact me to apply for the Service Box Mentoring Programme and to answer your questions.
One-off mentoring sessions
If you would like a “one-off” remote coaching or mentoring session then the normal £60 per hour charge applies.
Deanna Teska, Mother of Canaan Teska
Angela Pointon, Mother of Sam Pointon, ITF ranked junior